I know I've said the Weekly Filet will take a break this week. Well, I've changed my mind and gone back through 231 links I've recommended in 2014 to compile a collection of the very best of the year.
Three books that made a lasting impression (none of which is from 2014, incidentally):
- My struggle (Karl Ove Knausgård)
- Thinking Fast and Slow (Daniel Kahneman)
- The Art of Game Design (Jesse Schell)
Three beautiful new records:
- The Take Off and Landing of Everything (Elbow)
- Kiasmos (Kiasmos)
- Another Language (This Will Destroy You)
And with that, I wish you a happy new year, see you there.